Mayor’s Office of Sustainability Comment Moderation Policy
Commenting and User-Generated Links: Commenting and linking capability is provided to encourage thoughtful public discussion of the ideas posted. The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability wishes to keep the conversation civil and relevant and therefore, the following policies, subject to change without notice, apply:
The following will almost always be deleted:
- Comments/Links that are off topic
- Comments that should have been sent as emails to firstname.lastname@example.org because the comment is not addressed to other readers
- Spam Comments/Links, especially long ones that are posted on multiple sites
- Comments that include profanity or socially objectionable content (e.g. racism, sexism, etc)
- Comments that contain personal or defaming information about others
- Any form of trolling, defined as comments that appear intended to send the discussion in a fruitless direction
In addition to the right to delete comments or links, the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability reserves the right to block individuals.
Commercial Products: Comments and links regarding commercial products will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. A posting regarding a product does not entail support or endorsement by the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability, and likewise, the deletion of a comment or link should not be interpreted as a statement about the quality of the product or service. As general guidance, promoting a commercial product should be avoided.
Keep Posting Good Comments! As a whole comments posted to-date have been encouraging and constructive. The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability appreciates your interest and motivation and hopes that you will continue to be engaged in Philadelphia’s push towards sustainability.